Steel Service Center
- Cutting Machines: Laser, Plasma, Waterjet
- Software: SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk, SigmaNEST
A Fabrication Bottleneck
Cutting machines were operating as islands with unique nesting packages varying greatly in terms of functionality and performance. Multiple nesting programs were costly and required specialized programming that created back-ups and machine idle time.
Time was wasted creating programs and reworking nests with excessive downtime and growing bins of scrap becoming a major concern. Standardization quickly became the priority.
“SigmaNEST allows us to focus on our core business while entrusting CAD/CAM nesting to the experts.”
- Drive all cutting equipment regardless of type or brand
- Provide best-in-class nesting
- Integrate with business and manufacturing systems
- Provide automation
- Be easy to learn and use
- All cutting machines are being driven with a single yet powerful nesting solution.
- The speed and precision cutting capabilities of Tampa Bay Steel’s arsenal of machines is now fully maximized.
- Scrap rates have been cut dramatically.