Latest Release – What’s New
Introducing SigmaSUITE 21
The Connected Shop
Advanced CAD/CAM: SigmaNEST
SigmaNEST CAD/CAM software offers the unique ability to program all major laser, waterjet, oxyfuel, plasma, punch, router, knife, press brake, and tube machines. Import parts from any major CAD system, automatically sorting by material and machine, for optimized material usage and machine motion.
- Intuitive nesting strategies are now built in to guide user choices, including simplified controls for sheet layout preference and other task parameters.
- Process selection is particularly useful for defining specific technology settings such as toolpath lead-ins or NC parameters based on the cutting process.
- Common cut controls now can enable or restrict common line cutting on any edge for the desired results. Fly cutting can now be grouped in patterns.
- 3D beveling is much improved with simpler tabbing and countersink holes, rule-based transitions and leads, and automatic ramping of the feed rate based on contour or hole size.
- CAD Import Plus now adds support for Parasolid and Rhino files in addition to SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Creo, Inventor, NX, Catia, without the CAD installation.
- PDF and image import have been greatly improved with enhanced OCR results, better identification of rotated text, and the ability to import multipage PDF files.
- CAD Import Direct now allows simultaneous use of multiple versions of a CAD system
- Lightweight XML Export reduces file size by 91% (e.g. 100MB to 10MB)
- Easier user interface now allows a clearer display of parts in the workspace along with shear hits and transformations. Users can now view punch patterns only on a program, or interactively display shear hits in Reorder.
- Auto Complete Tooling allows the user to specify certain punch details and let the software complete the rest of punch task automatically to complete the part shape.
- Common line nesting is now available for punch tasks to speed operations.
Advanced CAD/CAM - 3D Products
- Multi-Rail setup will automatically detect and setup multiple stations for large or complex parts from a single click and also create one post program.
- Expanded tooling reports, bend type annotations, and batch feedback tools have been added to expedite and standardize pressbrake operations.
- Edit Radius of imported parts lets users modify any bend radius
- Tool Based Unfolding automatically calculates bend radius from DXF-imported tools.
- Sharp Bend Unfolding produces flat shapes from parts with no bend geometry.
- Sharp Unfold Shapes accurate part creation from shapes without bend geometry.
- Trueshape Nesting from SigmaTUBE now adds nesting flexibility and power.
- Best Stick Mixed or Best Stick Fixed parameters now make handling easier.
- Property Mapping for Multibody and Multiconfiguration parts now makes part processing easier and more accurate.
- New automated features include Auto Marking for partial depth/auto text as well as Auto Quality Rules.
- Support for Open Section Tubes adds new flexibility for tube programming.
- DSTV Import supports NC1 format for angle and channel stock for Tekla and SDS.
- Arc conversion for marking splines, and 4-axis support for single pierce open section toolpaths.
Enhanced Shop Floor Solutions
SigmaTEK Shop Floor Solutions streamline production from cutting and sorting parts to delivery. Empowered with dynamic scheduling and tracking capabilities, operation managers take full control of their lean manufacturing operations.
- Schedule forward for the quickest timeline (as soon as possible).
- Schedule backward from a fixed due date (just in time).
- Preschedule jobs during quoting to ensure delivery dates can be met.
- Fully reschedule the entire operations as needed at any point in the day.
- Color Offload Integration gives users the power to automatically create a new job and attach documentation when replacing a rejected part and. These new jobs can be managed through SigmaMRP and SigmaQUOTE.
- Real-time Load Balancing divides the work efficiently for machines and secondary operations, while identifying any sequence dependencies within the timeline.
- Automatically “Resolve” the current day’s schedule to compensate for disruptions, such as machine down time or “hot” jobs, to ensure job priorities are met.
Shop Floor Data Capture
- Track outgoing shipments and add accurate shipping weight and price.
- Divide deliveries based upon allowable package weight limits.
- Create notes and print packing slips for shipments and dispatches.
- Review and record actual material received and booked into inventory.
- Create GRNs (Goods Received Notes).
- Book material into inventory with notes about location, heat number, etc.
- Reserve stock for customers.
SigmaPACK simplifies logistics by giving users total control over part bundling, packaging, labeling, and job tracking. Quickly retrieve packaging and delivery information such as part weights, delivery date, and customer address from the source. Job status is automatically updated throughout shipping with barcode scanning.
- User-friendly interface enables barcode scanning throughout the app for a paperless trail that is fully integrated with the SigmaSUITE platform.
Enhanced Business Systems Solutions
SigmaSUITE continues to close the loop on manufacturing connectivity targeting “The Connected Shop” – scheduling, quoting, and logistics informed by nesting intelligence. The aim of the Connected Shop is to bridge CRM, Ordering, Inventory, Production, Delivery, and Accounting.
- Increased visibility and control with enhanced shop floor feedback throughout the workflow.
- Comprehensive integration between the Business Systems and Shop Floor products creates a closed loop of control in which each operation informs the next.
- Pricing tiers have been added to reward best customers and standardize quoting.
- Additional controls include the ability to add a markup for specific materials or operations, and to easily apply limited time promotions.
- Pre-schedule While Quoting to ensure the project can be fulfilled before.
- Now re-engineered for Ultrafast parallel processing.
- A new user command center features dockable viewports, an intuitive interface for quick setup.
- Print operational reports for a better recording and team communication.