- No HASP – Software License
- More efficient use of modules; users get functionality needed with less licenses (easier to float modules); quicker solutions to license problems; more options for trials of additional features; no hardware to fail
- Money savings through maximum use of their licenses with greater user satisfaction; users can test new features easily to provide accurate and timely analysic of module/feature options
- Configuration Rules for Consignment and Reserved sheets
- Customer Name added to Sheet List in Task Setup
- Customer Name added to Sheet History
- Soft and hard rules for restricting when sheets can be used, business rules can be applied so nesters can not use sheets not designated for customer
- Easier to determine which sheets are used and whether sheets must not be used because they are reserved
- Quickly determine which sheets were used for which customers
- Reduce chance of using sheet reserved for another customer; increased profitability from proper sheet management; programming enjoys software and is more productive
- User experience better and easier while reducing risk of nesting on the wrong material (causing scrap)
- Better control of inventory to use data to improve profitability and provide necessary reporting to comply with regulations
- Dymanic Array
- Move CommonLine Pair
- Task Parameters defined by sheet rather than part parameters
- New Memory Manager
- Easier to use Array command
- Easier to use align rotate command
- Cutting conditions applied to material based on Sheet Used rather than Parts Nested
- Uses more system available memory to increase speed when nesting and completing other high processor fuctions
- User gets results with less click fatigue
- User gets better results (saves money and machine time) with less click fatigue
- Reduced re-programming of nests with wrong cutting parameters, reducing scrap and improving work flow and efficiency
- User enjoys software more and is more productive because there is less “waiting” time even for very complex calcuations
- Themes Change
- Revision information added to part Information bar
- Improved Load Sheet UI in Tasks
- Filter Improvements
- Database Configuration for CRM
- Task Setup – Filter Parts based on Sheets Material and Thickness
- Sheets List | Sheet options now modal
- AutoSave default location moved to appdata
- Consistent UI across SigmaTEK products
- Allows part revision to be seen without opening part parameters
- Easier Interface, Faster
- Easier method to build Connect String
- Cleaner Interface
- Interface Standardization
- Allows use on virtual machines
- Improves User Experience by visual presentation of consistent UI across the SigmaNEST Family of Products
- Easier, faster, more accurate Nesting of correct parts (revision level) while reducing chance of nesting incorrect parts
- Reduced mouse clicks
- 70% faster and in many cases 20% or more reduction in entity count.
- Easier, faster, more accurate User Setup for databases
- Reduce mouse clicks by having to set filters to find parts
- More consistent with other SigmaNEST options, proving users a better and easier experience across software platform
- Provides greater IT flexibility (Virtual machines, Terminal Servers) allowing optimization of hardware and profit
- New DXF Exporter
- AutoCAD 2019 Support
- Solid Edge 2019 Support
- Batch support for Inventor Vault Files
- Additional Configuration Properties and Options for filtering parts to import from SolidWorks
- 3D DWG File Import
- CAD Import for SigmaNEST SX Environment
- SigmaNEST SX CTL
- More Options for creating DXF from SigmaNEST Parts/Nests; more control over color and layer when exporting DXF. More control over which files from a WS are exported.
- Support for AutoCAD 2019 dxf files
- Support for the Solid Edge 2019 files
- Simtrans can now access files stored in the PDM Vault and import them through automation into SigmaNEST
- Can now specify configuration level property to filter on for Part Filter. Before we only supported part level properties, but for parts with multiple configurations we can now determine if a part should be included/excluded based on the value on any of its configurations
- Ability to import 3D DWG files drawn in AutoCAD.
- Ability to import SOILDWORKS, Solid Edge, Inventor, NX using SolidCAD Filters into SX. For profiler parts, these will generate a SigmaNEST part file automatically utilizing faster part creation methods.
- Support for all industry standard profiles to generate 3D visualized CTL plans. Enhanced nesting for miters to create better nests which save more material. Support for Sales Order and Inventory tracking to make it easier to quote and manage your CTL jobs.
- Extends SigmaNEST capability to integrate with other systems (and newer versions of other systems) through customized DXF export
- Gives maximum flexibility to companies upgrading related software
- Increases flexibility and uses of CAD systems with SigmaNEST
- Provides maximum flexibilty and control to companies using SolidWorks, allowing quicker and more accurate import without requiring manual manipulation
- More options and flexibilty for CAD Systems and importing
- Faster, more accurate, and more flexible importing of all 3D CAD parts, increasing profit and improving quality (less errors) while improving employee satisfaction
- More capability without additional software, allowing integration of programming parts, nests, materials, and orders. Improves workflow and allows more automation of mundane admin tasks
- Add Support for Clamps to HD SuperNest
- Added ability to use Continuous Nesting with HD SuperNest
- Improved Calculations for HD Advanced TrueShape
- Nests for small batch pickup, part handlers
- Nesting | HD Advanced TrueShape
- Move Module Control for Custom Nesting Engines to License (backend)
- “Refactor” of Geometry Recognition Function (Union)
- Union Function Rewrite
- Can nest under clamps with HD SuperNest
- Order parts on layouts for better throughput on shop floor
- Increased yield when nesting Large quantities of parts, especially with many Layouts
- Support for additional OEM Part Handlers (i.e., Astes4)
- Improved Nest for Multiple Layouts with many parts
- Tread Nesting and Strip Nesting (as examples) no longer requre Customized Setup
- Faster and More Accurate Geometry Recognition and Analysis
- Better Union of Geometry
- Saves Money by proving under clamp support for the most advanced Nesting engine
- Improves Machine Operating performance by making it easier to group parts when nesting while getting best yield
- Saves money on material for large nests while also making it easier and quicker for the SigmaNEST User to ensure the “Best Nest”
- Allows Shops greatest flexibility to chose equipment to best meet their production needs
- Increased yield, saves money on material
- User Experience Better (less Setup while giving Better Control of Modules)
- User Gets Quicker and Better Results from Auto Nesting
- Users have more confidence in software while experience faster nesting and more productivity
- Unfolder can divide a large bend radius into a specified number of smaller bends
- Unfolder rule support for different methods of unfolding (k-factor, bend allowance, bend deduction)
- Unfolder can automatically add a slit on a closed shape to allow for unfolding
- Develop gore assemblies into single part with common line no kerf cuts
- Performance improvements with 3D import (STEP) to SigmaNEST
- What would be external CAD work is done automatically in the same environment. Not all other sheet metal unfolders can do this
- Automatically assign a value given to the unfolding system without user input
- What would be external CAD work is done automatically in the same environment. Not all other sheet metal unfolders can do this.
- Improvement over what old Develop could do. Automatically creates a single part “nesting group” with cut attributes already assigned
- Leverages Part Create API to reduce import time and usage of file transfer between technologies
- Less time and program switching to get desired result. Bend is immediately ready for press brake step/bump bending.
- Capable in batch processing, user ‘teaches’ program how they prefer to unfold over time. Not limited to only using k-factor.
- Less time and program switching to get desired result. Can have manufacturing flexibility to assign tube cutting or profile cutting + bending for channel part.
- Common line cutting reduces cut time, number of pierces, and scrap. Less time for Develop shape programming to manually create or trial and error with
- Faster, no data loss which results from the conversion of a native CAD model into a generic universal format
- Window select to set sequence in Part Removal
- Optimize cutting path between laser slugs on Combi machines.
- Manual Punch Tool Sensitivity setting
- Show/Hide the Right hand pane in NC Simulate.
- Added PartData 14-18 to Post.
- New option to Pre-Pierce Internal or External contours, or Both.
- New custom Pre-Pierce settings stored by Material/Thickness.
- Pattern Punch Improvement for punching inside and outside of the part
- Improved display of Tabbed In parts on Part Removal screen
- Improved support for AMADA PRIII Part removal system
- ADDED support for the Amada TK Part Removal system
- ADDED support for the Trumpf New Generation SheetMaster Part Removal system
- Rule Based Clamp Position Control
- Autodynamic nesting for the Salvagnini S4 Punch Shear machine
- Geometry Based Clamp avoidance zones
- New Height Sensing schema for Bevel cutting
- Fewer Mouse clicks and other interactions required
- Simpler programming by automating this functionality
- More precise placement of punch tools using the mouse
- Better use of screen real estate
- More flexibility for NC Program generation
- More control for Programmer
- Much improved clarity of Pattern Punch capability
- Improved clarity to programmer
- Fewer clicks required to process nest
- The power of SigmaNEST, expanding as your shop does
- Use a script to configure the clamp positions
- New feature that eliminates the need for manual nesting
- New feature that allows for custom zone shapes and sizes
- Complete re-do of a feature to a more modern approach
- Shorten Programming time AND a better extraction sequence for more efficient machine operation
- Faster running time of program on cutting machine. SigmaNEST programmer focuses on more important aspects of the job
- Faster tooling / Less operator fatiuge. / Fewer programming mistakes
- Ergonomic improvement for user. Easier to see what matters
- Improve shop floor operations with more comprehensive part data in NC Files
- Tighter Nests, Better Heat control, or tool usage, depending on the specific application
- More predictable output, more options to automate this choice. Improved process quality
- Higher Programmer confidence / Faster Programming
- Faster program generation, more efficeint and enjoyable user experience
- Forward looking software supplier with Enhanced support for new machines
- Simpler program generation by automating a tedious task
- Greatly reduced programming time
- Better Material usage, and enhanced support for new machines
- Greatly improved reliability of Height freeze placement for crossing cuts in the NC file
Complete multiple parts at the same time using the new Multi Drop Nesting Module and common cut method for plate processors.
- New HD Multi Drop nesting engine efficiently nests common cut parts in columns.
- Multi Drop NC applies toolpath to process the sheet from left to right.
- Parts and scrap in each completed column are dropped before the next column is processed.
To learn more about Multi Drop Nesting, contact your SigmaNEST sales representative.
- SigmaNEST now supports geometry-based clamps for machines with specially-shaped clamps. For more information about this feature, please contact Technical Support.
- Use the new Delete All Fillets and Delete Single Fillet functions to delete fillets without removing and re-applying all NC.
- Use the new Delete All Bridges and Delete Single Bridge functions to delete bridges without removing and re-applying all NC.
- Rapids that cross over formed features are now highlighted in green for better visibility
Customize the ribbon toolbar to show the functions you use and hide the ones you don’t. Functions are still locked to their relevant tabs (for example, you can’t add Auto NC to the CAD tab), but within each tab, you can:
- Add and rename custom groups.
- Add and remove functions from all groups.
- Remove existing groups from the toolbar.
- Rearrange all groups and the functions within them.
Note: All translations are powered by Google Translate, and not affiliated with SigmaTEK. Google Translate requires an Internet connection, and is not available offline.
- Drag and drop DXF, DWG, and CDL files into the Edit Geometry workspace.
- View filtering and import progress with the new progress bars on the Solid CAD Desktop.
- Map machine names from any 3D CAD program to SigmaNEST.
- Import parts with basic variable bevels from any 3D CAD program.
- Filter parts and assemblies by thickness during any 3D CAD import.
- Filter SOLIDWORKS parts and assemblies by folder.
- Use PDM Import to import 2D files (DXFs/DWGs) from Autodesk Vault.
- Use the overhauled Level List in Interactive Mapping to view groupings of similar geometry.
- Remove specific entities without hiding an entire layer.
- Dynamically change hole sizes without manually editing the geometry.
- Automatically discard internal cutouts when creating or importing medallion parts
SimTrans has moved to the web! The new SimTrans X1 is a web service, offering faster processing, better performance, greater stability, and a more intuitive user experience.
- Receive error reports through automated emails
- Create new user accounts and control permissions.
- Access SimTrans from any platform: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android
- Get help instantly using the all-new SimTrans Help Center.
SimTrans X1 is available as a free update for SimTrans customers with a current maintenance subscription. Use the SigmaNEST X1.4 installer to get started, or contact SigmaTEK Support for assistance.
Load Manager is now 64-bit! Our latest Load Manager release offers faster response times, greater stability, and a modernized and intuitive user experience. Using Load Manager X1, you can:
- Set shifts and breaks across all machines using a global schedule.
- Easily view assigned and unassigned programs with a single click.
- Quickly preview and move scheduled programs using our new streamlined process.
- Get help instantly using the all-new Load Manager Help Center.
Load Manager X1 is available as a free update for Load Manager customers with a current maintenance subscription. Use the SigmaNEST
X1.4 installer to get started, or contact SigmaTEK Support for assistance.
Check out our new Help Centers, now available in the following products:
- SimTrans X1
- SimTrans 10 (desktop application)
- Color Offload
- Load Manager
Legacy content has been updated and rewritten to improve accuracy and readability. Accompanying PDFs are included with every installation, and can also be downloaded via the Help Center.