SigmaNEST’s advanced modules for job tracking, order scheduling and inventory control are ideal for coordination needs of service centers.
SigmaNEST for Fabrication Centers
Steel Service Centers are continually challenged to improve part quality, meet the demands of their customers, and improve their own raw material utilization. From contractors and suppliers to job shops and large manufacturing facilities, the fabrication industry depends on SigmaNEST to deliver superior technology.
A few ways SigmaNEST nesting software supports Job Shops/Steel Service Centers
- Flexible color/layer/level mapping of DXF file to quickly clean up CAD files from numerous customers
- Sophisticated nesting and NC pathing for common line cutting
- Quoting module
- Inventory management
- Job console or “just-in-time nesting” on shop floor
- Color Offload for easy identification of mixed work orders
Service Center Customers Include
- Automated nesting task set up
- Integrated order database
- Combine work orders for scrap reduction
- Automatic part quantity tracking
- Part production scheduling
- Work order status reporting
- Integrated stock and remnant material database
- Comprehensive remnant database
- Event-based inventory consumption tracking
- Graphical plate history and traceability, including sheet number, dimensions, material grade, heat number, etc.
- Inventory status and cost reporting
- Import/export capabilities
SigmaNEST can reduce cutting time through common-line, auto-bridge and auto-chain cutting. The software also configures sequencing for minimum movement and auto tip-up for part avoidance.
Advanced true shape nesting allows part-in-part nesting, easily combining small and larger parts from multiple orders to get the best material yield. SigmaNEST’s advanced modules provide complete inventory control, allowing best sheet selection, improved remnant consumption and overall inventory reduction.
For large machine parts, SigmaNEST cuts the most dimensionally accurate parts through features like automatic power ramping at corners, auto dwell and exact stops, as well as varying, user-defined cut quality. Other features, such as over-burn and tabbing, help ensure part quality for the larger, denser parts required for construction and agricultural equipment.
For punch machines, SigmaNEST offers the option for “auto dynamic” nesting to tool and nest parts at the same time. Common-line punching, automatic and interactive repositioning, tabbing and drop-door capabilities are among the other key punch features.