“Through advanced algorithms and ease of use, SigmaNEST has slashed nesting from an entire day to only 1-2 hours”
Port Machinery, Mining Equipment, Offshore Platforms.
- 350,000 square meter facility
- Annual production capacity of 80,000 tons of slipways
- Two 37,000-ton bulk cargo carriers and one 57,000-ton bulk cargo carrier
- 11 Plasma & Oxyfuel Cutting Tables
The previous nesting software performed poorly. Scrap rates were high as nests were constantly reworked. Nesting was originally handled by an outside contractor. When this was discontinued HKHI was forced to nest parts.
A New Nesting Solution
“Because of SigmaNEST production costs have decreased,” explained Miss Wang, HKHI Nesting Technician. “The output part list helps us track production in real-time. Part quantities are clearly displayed on the part column, which prevents nesting mistakes. These features, along with inventory and remnant tracking, are more efficient.”
In addition HKHI often received Tribon™ part files to be cut. Through the engineering conversion functionality of SigmaNEST SimTrans all the Tribon files were easily converted into the part geometry and quickly nested.
- Material utilization has reached 93% efficiency.
- Common-line nesting has accelerated productivity and lowered cutting costs.
- Nesting reduced from an entire day to only 1-2 hours.
- SigmaNEST is extending tool life by reducing part piercing and idle running.