- Laser: Mazak
- 4 Punch Presses: Trumpf
- Facilities producing 2 product lines: DECO & FASCIA
- Skeleton material projections were 19.2%
- Single nesting software to drive all cutting machines
- Reduce scrap
- Software interface with manufacturing/business systems
- Continually monitor and improve yield
On-demand functionality would allow files to be created in the MRP; and easily opened in SigmaNEST or SimTRANS.
DECO: The Deco line consists of stainless steel and brass, including costly satin/mirror finishes. Minimizing skeleton material was vital and nesting had to be tight while maintaining the highest part quality. With SigmaNEST automation was achieved and scrap slashed to 13%.
FASCIA: With assistance from SigmaTEK Services Group, production went live within a week. Within four short months scrap rates were reduced by 25%.
- 25% scrap rate improvement
- Merge processes for even higher efficiency
- Implement SigmaNEST at other facilities
- Exceed 95% Material utilization for the entire facility