Cincinnati, OH: SigmaNEST X1.7, SigmaTEK System’s flagship product, was released on February 28, 2019. The most advanced organizations around the world trust SigmaNEST to help them complete mission-critical work. With SigmaNEST X1.7, fabricators can expect to see increased speed and quality as the software allows their machines to achieve peak performance.
Some of the new features and upgrades include:
|► Time-based nesting in HD Advanced TrueShape
► Dynamic zones support by HD Engines
► New Continuous Nesting Sorting Option
► Tread Nesting
|► HD SuperNest
► Manual Nesting
► New Punch/Profile Features
► Time-based nesting in HD Advanced TrueShape: Now, when using HD Advanced TrueShape nesting engine, the nesting is time-based instead of grain based as it is in HD TrueShape. You can now set the time anywhere from 10 seconds to 3,600 seconds.
► Tread nesting: This feature allows you to have the option to select the position for the origin of a pattern. It also allows you to have the ability to delete a pattern from a material in the Technology Editor.
► HD SuperNest: HD SuperNest has support for different Edge Clearances and support for Work Order sorting. Leadins will not automatically be set to fixed unless they were originally fixed and the Progress window now shows progress in terms of time rather than a graph.
► New Continuous Nesting sorting option: A continuous nesting sorting option, Mix During Transitions, now lets you prevent work orders from being mixed except on the last sheet of a work order as it transitions to the next work order.
Some general enhancements with SigmaNEST X1.7 include a new SigmaNEST SQL Manager, offset of Geometry now includes options to set the process and depth, and Manual Nesting has received general performance and reliability enhancements to Bump Nesting.
New Profile enhancements include:
- Ability to apply a negative bridge gap outside the bounds of a part to avoid edge clamp
- Ability to apply Grating NC on a tread nest specific material
- Supports Edge No NC cutting and Crop cutting
- Control Leadin and Leadout distances
- Automatically combines collinear and intersecting entities
Punch/Combo enhancements include:
- Improved Floating scrap detection new modern algorithm now with sheet edge floating scrap detection
- Improved speed in repositioning for nests with a very high part count
- Major speed improvement for AutoTooling on parts/nests with a lot of contours