What is your plan for making 2019 profitable? You have most likely reviewed your equipment needs, financing, and business but have you looked at the software resources you can incorporate that will help you manage all those items?
The first evolution of a Manufacturing Resource Plan (MRP) was when the M stood for Materials. The original focus was to track materials in order to reduce inventory and remove shortfalls that slowed production. Today’s MRP programs have evolved into a comprehensive system through which you can manage your entire business. This includes the management of materials, transactions, customers, suppliers, and inventory information – all from one location. MRP programs make your shop function more efficiently by tying together processes for smoother flow from quote to production to invoice. With greater efficiency comes the opportunity for higher profits.
“Our MRP engine knows everything there is to know about every piece of material in the shop,” says Valter Bonelli, director of product management at SigmaTek Systems LLC. ” That means its dimensions and weight, but also its chemical composition, where it was purchased from, whether there are certs available, what jobs it was previously used on and when, and most importantly, its shape.” Remnants can now be tracked, stored, and re-used with minimal effort.
With the SigmaMRP advantage you get a program that allows you to:
- Multitask – juggle orders simultaneously – including automatic notifications to help manage the shop floor
- Maximize material usage – manage, track, and re-use remnants for maximum material usage and instantly reallocate resources
- Visualization – follow parts through the entire manufacturing process and instantly re-order parts needed on the floor
- Calendar – view and sort orders on a shared calendar. Orders are linked to contacts, quotes, and purchase orders.
- CRM – maintain a history of customers, quotes, and purchase orders to be referenced
- Grow – add MRP functionality with a flexible program that will grow with your business
Still not sure it’s for you? Check out these tutorials:
A more efficiently managed shop means more orders processed and more profits. Make sure you can check off that last item on your review list. Schedule a demo today of all that SigmaMRP can do for you. We’ll help you dominate in 2019!