Cincinnati, OH: SigmaTEK Systems, the world’s leading CAD/CAM nesting solution provider, has released the latest version of their standard-setting platform, SigmaNEST. The SigmaNEST X1.5 release offers new and enhanced features as part of SigmaTEK’s on-going commitment to delivering innovative software.
The most advanced organizations around the world trust SigmaNEST to help them complete mission-critical work. With SigmaNEST X1.5, fabricators can expect to see increased speed and quality as the software allows their machines to achieve peak performance.
SigmaNEST X1.5 introduces:
|► Software Licensing
► HD Advanced TrueShape
► Expanded Machine Support
► Nesting Improvements
► New NC Features
|► New CAD System Support
► Advanced DXF Import
► New Import Features
► Redesigned Filter Module
► Redesigned Task Setup Window
► User Interface Enhancements
One of the most innovative features of the SigmaNEST X1.5 release is the software licensing feature. The software licensing will be replacing the need for a physical SIM by connecting via a network instead of using a physical device. SigmaNEST use is now just the click of a network connection, allowing easier access for multiple users.
The new MiniNest feature nests small parts of your choice on small “mini sheets” that can then be nested on standard sheets. Tabbing these parts into their corresponding mini sheets makes it easy for part handlers to pick up and offload small parts.
SigmaNEST X1.5 also offers numerous nesting improvements such as:
- The lookup values in the Task Parameters are now populated based on the material and thickness of the stock or task sheets in the current task. If no stock or task sheets have been added, the parameters are based on the first part in the task.
- Customers can use the new Dynamic Array feature to quickly create a grid of parts by dragging and dropping a bounding box around a single part or part group.
- Customers with the Continuous Nesting module can now group parts by customer, due date, priority and other part data during nesting.
- Move Common Line Pair makes it easy to manually nest common cut parts by snapping the selected part edges together.
- The HD SuperNest engine now supports clamps and the Continuous Nesting module.
- The Tread and Strip nesting engines are controlled by the new software licensing; no additional setup required.
Along with these new nesting improvements also comes new import features. Customers can now import 3D DWG’s into SigmaNEST from the Import menu on the Workspace tab; If customers use SigmaMRP, they can now automatically create BOM’s when importing parts and assemblies from SOLIDWORKS, Inventor, Solid Edge or NX; When importing SOLIDWORKS parts and assemblies, you can now automatically suppress unwanted partial depth and/or drill features. You can also now filter parts and assemblies by configuration; SigmaNEST now offers batch support for STEP and Vault PDM import.
The Task Setup window has been redesigned to make frequently used options more accessible, improve workflow and provide a more consistent user experience. Options across the bottom such as Part List, BOM List, Work Orders, Sheet List and Task Parameters are now the same, whether they are being viewed on the Parts or Sheets tab. Filtering options across the top of the Parts and Sheets tabs have improved, so redundant filters were removed from the right side of the Parts tab. On the Sheets tab, the customer name is now displayed for consignment and reserved sheets.