- Fabrication: Laser, Oxyfuel, and Plasma Cutting
- ERP: Gamma Lamiera
Nesting and cutting more than 12,000 steel panels for construction of the Barclay’s Center was a major concern. A powerful nesting solution was critical to get the full-range of steel plate sizes needed.
A Single Database
The company works almost exclusively for third parties meaning that over 80% of their work are new items and are not replicated. A production process flow is composed of: creating a budget with entry-level ERP master data analysis of nesting, including sales order processing through MRP analysis. Generation of production orders, production, storage and shipment. Previously, the organization’s internal information structure provided processes for nesting parts, accounting/administration and sales with a management system.
The first step is to create a summary with Gamma Enterprise. SigmaNEST makes the process easy. The quote can be defined from a management point of view. If the quote is missing part geometry, it can be integrated directly into SigmaNEST by importing 2D CAD files (DWG, DXF,etc.) that read a format native to 3D geometry or you can easily and quickly draw 2D CAD using SigmaNEST.
- SigmaNEST verifies geometry and automatically separates parts based on the type, material thickness, and machine process.
- SigmaNEST employs a “Use Best Sheet” option. Several different sheet sizes can be selected and evaluated to identify the size that gives the best possible layout and yield.
- After nesting the estimate is validated and all nest information is returned for the completion of a Gamma Enterprise Budget.
- Production costs are calculated using BOM, scrap, remnants, and cutting times. The order is processed by the MRP system, createing a proposal for production and purchase. The quote is converted into a work-order and sent to the supplier