Truck, Auto, and Agricultural Equipment
- 40,000 Square Foot facility
- 60 employees and two daily shifts
- 2 laser and 3 punch machines cut steel from 24-gauge to ¾ inch plate
“We aren’t just cutting parts and sending them out the door. We offer added value,” explained Engineering Manager, George Moore. Overlanders added a Muratec 2548 turret-punch press with FG 1250 loader to allow lights-out operation. The machine included SigmaNEST to run the entire process including automatic material handling. “When Muratec said they were going to use SigmaNEST it was a no-brainer that we should have it,” Moore said.
SigmaNEST also instructs the machine exactly where to go on the material and where to punch. It provides the operator with material type / thickness and tooling requirements. SigmaNEST integrates with MRP systems to schedule jobs.
“I’ve used similar software for over 20 years. SigmaNEST’s nesting capabilities and ease-of-use are just amazing,” said Moore. “SigmaNEST is faster for punching and laser and I’m very impressed with the intelligence of the software.”
- Reduced machine set-up time boosts productivity while tighter nesting reduce scrap.
- The punch press with its material handling tower can run 24/7 unattended. Moore said: “It’s SigmaNEST that makes this all work.”