People Moving Systems
- Mazak Laser
- Four Trumpf Punch Presses
- Cincinnati Shear
- Single nesting software to drive all cutting machines
- Reduced scrap
- Software must interface with manufacturing/business systems
- Continually monitor and improve yield
Our scrap rate has been reduced by 25%. Tens of thousands of dollars can be saved with even a few percentage points decrease in scrap.
SigmaNEST delivers the highest level of automation. Otis wanted ‘On Demand’ functionality allowing files to be created in the MRP; and easily opened in SigmaNEST or SimTRANS. Enhancements were added by SigmaTEK to create a customized manufacturing environment.
The Deco line consists of stainless steel and brass, including costly satin/mirror finishes. Skeleton material projections were 19.2% based on 5.5 million pounds of material per year. Minimizing skeleton material was vital and nesting had to be tight while maintaining the highest part quality. The goal was to make the process automatic. With SigmaNEST automation was achieved and scrap levels were slashed to 13%.
With assistance from SigmaTEK Services Group, production went live within a week. Within four short months scrap rates were reduced by 25%.
- Merge processes into a single process flow for even higher efficiency
- Exceed 95% Material utilization for the entire facility