Fast production set-up and machine efficiency is increasingly critical in the sheet metal industry to minimize unproductive machine time. Offline programming has been a common practice for punching, laser and other profile cutting machines in the sheet metal industry for over 10 years. It follows logically that offline programming of press brakes is the next step in process optimization.
SigmaBEND offers an offline programming system for a wide variety of press brake machines complete with full 3D simulation of the bending process, eliminating the need to run test parts. Using SigmaBEND improves production process, specifically offering advantages in the areas of speed, quality and flexibility.
SigmaBEND Spec Sheet
- High level of automation
- Ability to interactively change every programming parameter
- 3D simulation provides accurate preview of bending process
- For every step in the programming process the user can choose an automatic or an interactive function:
- Bend sequencing
- Tool and setup selection
- Finger stop positioning
SigmaBEND supports different bending processes like air bending, die bending and 3-point bending. Machine options like angle measurement systems and lifting aids are also supported.
- Automatic recognition of bend information in a 2D CAD file
- More flexibility through direct 3D CAD interface with SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Inventor, Pro/Engineer, Catia and One Space Designer/Sheet Advisor
- Automatic bend sequence, tool selection and finger stop placement reducing programming time
- Real-time simulation with collision detection reduces trial-and-error programming
- Easy-to-use user interface for interactive editing of all bend parameters
- NC program in native controller code
SigmaBEND is available to provide offline programming and simulation of a wide variety of press brake machinery. The ability to program and verify bending operations offline frees up valuable machine time, improves first-off reliability and reduces manufacturing costs.